|Mental Health Awareness Week (9-15 May)|
|The Mental Health Foundation has announced that the theme for this year's Mental Health Awareness Week (9-15 May 2022) is loneliness.|
|LGBT Foundation services include:|
- Rainbow Brew Buddies, a telephone befriending programme for residents 18+ in the Greater Manchester area
- Talking Therapies, which accepts self-referrals and service-to-service referrals for residents of Greater Manchester
- Our Helpline which is open to people UK-wide. Contact the Helpline via phone on weekdays between 9am and 9pm at 0345 3 30 30 30, or via email anytime at email@example.com.
|MindOut is a mental health service run by and for lesbians, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people. Their services include:|
- Telephone Befriending open to LGBTQ+ people aged 18+
- Online Live Chat Support, open every day including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays
- A range of face-to-face services for LGBTQ+ people based in Brighton and Hove including Advocacy, Peer Support Groups, Counselling, and more.
|Dementia Action Week (16-22 May)|
Greater Manchester LGBTQ+ Online Dementia Support Group which meets the first Tuesday of every month, 2-3.30pm, on Zoom.
If you have any enquiries about the support group, contact our LGBT Dementia Care Coordinator Kathryn Mellor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The flyer is online
LGBT Foundation Twitter account
We know that certain communities such as people of colour, older people, and people of faith are often under-represented in surveys such as this. At LGBT Foundation, we don’t believe any group is ‘hard to reach’ just that sometimes we’re not asking in the right places. If you have any suggestions for how we can ensure our survey is as inclusive as possible then we’d love to hear from you.
If you have any other comments questions or queries about the survey, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! You can contact us on pip@LGBT.foundation.
Survey can also be found here LGBT Patients' Experiences of Primary Care Survey (surveymonkey.co.uk)
 Bachmann, C. and Gooch, B. 2018. LGBT in Britain. Health Report. Stonewall and YouGov. Available at: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/system/files/lgbt_in_ britain_health.pdf
️🌈Happy LGBTQ+ History Month ️🌈
This year, we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Pride march in the UK. Looking to learn more about modern LGBTQ+ history? Check out this timeline of key dates from Stonewall https://orlo.uk/Z9B5s
Pride in Practice
Our practice has recently had training and have been assessed for Pride in Practice Award.
If you wish to share you experiences with us about the practice please contact us.
Outhouse East is a registered charity (no. 1006244) seeking to offer support and information to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people of Essex. Based in Colchester Town Centre, we provide a range of services and groups free of charge.
http://www.outhouseeast.org.uk/ 01206 871 394
19 East Hill
0345 3 30 30 30
Useful Information and Links
NHS Screening program for trans people
Screening for trans & non-binary
Infographic on NHS Screening
A Guide to Hormone Therapy for trans people
Mid Essex CCG Trans Hormone Therapy Policy
Good Practice Guide