Local residents registered with a GP practice in mid Essex can now access an appointment with a GP, nurse or healthcare assistant in the evening and on Saturday and Sunday thanks to the opening of extended access health hubs.
The hubs are located in the following practices:
- Blackwater Medical Centre, Maldon, CM9 5GP (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- Elizabeth Courtauld Surgery, Halstead, C09 5EF (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- North Chelmsford Health Centre, Chelmsford, CM2 5EF (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- Douglas Grove, Witham, CM8 1TE (Saturdays only)
- Greenwood Surgery, South Woodham Ferrers, CM3 5XD (Saturdays only)
- Mount Chambers Surgery, Braintree, CM7 1TE (Sundays only)
Appointments are available*:
- Monday to Friday: 6.30pm to 8pm (Maldon 9pm)
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 8am to 2pm
*Opening hours may vary between the hubs
Extended Access hubs offer most NHS services that your own GP practice would, including NHS health checks and smear tests.